Testimonials from authors of book manuscripts I have copyedited:
* Lee Foster, award-winning travel journalist, fellow BAIPA member, and author of 18 books — Linda Jay is an excellent editor. She has taken articles I’ve written for the BAIPA (Bay Area Independent Publishers Association) blog and greatly improved them, making sentences clearer and more succinct.
* David Morgans, Australia, author of The Gateway of Nu – Thank you for being so easy to work with. Your polishing skills are amazing. You truly turn lead to gold. I look forward to having you onboard for the next project.
* Rabbi Mel Silverman, author of Jerusalem Tales, A Modern American Jewish Pilgrimage – Linda, I am delighted with your sharp eye and clear-cut style.
* Russ Adams, attorney, author of Genocide and Overpopulation – I can see that your sandpaper editing skills achieve a very fine finish.
* Christine Harbridge, CEO, Allegory Training, San Francisco – You are MAGIC!
* Pam Evans, high-tech marketing executive, author of Ring EXchange, Adventurers of a Multiple Marrier – Linda’s collaborative efforts and creative contributions helped shape this project.
* Peter McGrath, North Wales, author, Leah’s Father – Your mark-ups are very helpful and, in some instances, the motivating force for rewrites. I can tell you that if you hadn’t edited my manuscript, in all probability it wouldn’t have been accepted by a publisher.
* Stacy Ebert, author of It’s You: The Poignant Story of Two Cousins Reunited After a Shocking Diagnosis – Thank you so much for working alongside me to keep the original vision I had for this book. You committed the time and heart I was hoping for in an editor.
* Frances Chin, author, Lemon Drops – You are asking some great questions, and you are making me think!
* Bill Amatneek, author of Acoustic Stories: Pickin’ for the Prez and Other Unamplified Tales — Your editing was accurate, insightful, and delivered exactly on time. Thank you, Linda.
* Bill Dicksion, Honolulu author of A Button in the Fabric of Time – Linda Jay has edited two fantasy novels for me. Her work is prompt, efficient, and professional in every way. Linda is unique in that she will read your writing and, after understanding your story or your purpose, she will make recommendations for how you can improve your writing. And she does that without tearing your writing to shreds. I will use her to edit my novels every chance I get.
* Carolyn CJ Jones, author of Opening the Gates of the Heart, A Journey of Healing – Thank you, Linda, for expertly and gently guiding the prose when I was nervous about presenting it, and for keeping my voice intact. [This book won Honorable Mention in both the San Francisco and New York Book Festivals.]
* Mark Lorentzen, author of From Surviving to Thriving – Thank you to my editor, Linda Jay, who made the text crisper and easier to understand. A glimpse of my original manuscript would show you the difference she made.
* Bala Sankar, author of Web On-the-Go – I wish I had found you much earlier in the project. You did a wonderful job. You add great value to the content.
* John Todor, author of Addicted Customers – Linda is a delightful person to work with, one who tackled the tedious and exacting task of copyediting with skill and diligence. Linda, your contribution is highly valued.
* Eric Anderson, author, The Keys to the Green: Unlock Your Scoring Potential in the Game of Golf! – Linda was a pleasure to work with. Her rapid responses and crisp insights helped immeasurably to move the project along and improve my book’s marketability.
Author of book for which I wrote the back jacket copy:
* Alexander McKinney, author of Keystones — After working with Linda Jay, I now have back cover copy that I am proud of. She wrote a story description that leaps out at you and begs to be read.